Expressions of Research Preview
This will be one of the first opportunities to see the final outputs from an artist-researcher collaboration and experience some of the journey so far.
Expressions of Research is an exhibition resulting from collaborations between artists and University of Bath research centres. There have been five collaborations:
1. Amelia Beavis-Harrison and Professor Tess Ridge, Beth Jaynes and Adrian Burgess from the Centre for Analysis of Social Policy
2. Jenifer Ridgway and Professor Chris Brace from the Powertrain Vehicle Research Centre
3. Fiona Haines and Professor Matthew Davidson, Dr Janet Scott and Dr Antoine Buchard from the Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies
4. Andrew Henon and Dr Christos Vasilakis from the Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement
5. Jean Baynham and Professor Jonathan Dawes, Professor Paul Milewski and Dr Kit Yates from the Institute for Mathematical Innovation
The artistic pieces vary widely in discipline from performance art and poetry to interactive sculpture and textiles. They provide a new window through which to view, consider and interact with current research at the University of Bath. This will be the first exhibition and public showing of the final pieces.
This Launch Exhibition will run for seven days at the Edge Galleries at the University of Bath between 16th and 23rd January 2017.
The project itself is a collaboration between Fringe Arts Bath and the University of Bath’s Public Engagement Unit and Edge Arts.
This event is open to all.