Expressions of Research Preview
The first opportunity to see the outputs from an artist-researcher collaboration and experience some of the journey so far.
Expressions of Research is an exhibition resulting from collaborations between artists and University of Bath research centres. There have been five collaborations:
1. Amelia Beavis-Harrison and Professor Tess Ridge, Beth Jaynes and Adrian Burgess from the Centre for Analysis of Social Policy
2. Jenifer Ridgway and Professor Chris Brace from the Powertrain Vehicle Research Centre
3. Fiona Haines and Professor Matthew Davidson, Dr Janet Scott and Dr Antoine Buchard from the Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies
4. Andrew Henon and Dr Christos Vasilakis from the Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement
5. Jean Baynham and Professor Jonathan Dawes, Professor Paul Milewski and Dr Kit Yates from the Institute for Mathematical Innovation
The artistic pieces vary widely in discipline from performance art and poetry to interactive sculpture and textiles. They provide a new window through which to view, consider and interact with current research at the University of Bath. Some of the exhibits will still be works in progress at this preview exhibition, so give an early insight to the collaborations and artistic outputs.
This Preview Exhibition will run for seven days at 94 Walcot Street and will span the weekend of Walcot Winterfest (18th-20th November). There will be a preview event at 18:00 on Friday 18th November where you can meet some of the researchers and artists behind the works.
The project itself is a collaboration between Fringe Arts Bath and the University of Bath’s Public Engagement Unit and Edge Arts.
This event is open to all.