Collaborate, Create & Celebrate – ARCLIB 2017 Conference
The University of Bath is pleased to host ARCLIB 2017, an exciting two day conference providing delegates with a unique opportunity to broaden their subject knowledge and explore contemporary library issues.
Our packed programme includes:
- The Smithson’s on Campus – Tour and talk with Dr Amy Frost, Bath Preservation Trust, exploring the architecture of Alison and Peter Smithson and New Brutalism.
- iPhone, camera, Action! (Bound) – How to save everyone’s time during induction week. Julie Charles & Helen Rehin, University of Brighton
- The future of architectural publishing, Jonathan Stock, Publishing Director, Architecture Today
- Architectural Design and Model Making studio led by David Wong, Director of Studies for BSc Architecture, University of Bath. Engage your creative side in a small group activity. Begin with a site, progress through a quick ideas and sketching phase to creating a simple model using cardboard, foamex and other materials.
- Masters of Knowledge – Game creators Cassy Sachar, Sarah Turk & Simine Marine explore the development process behind this information literacy boardgame, invite you to play test the finished product and provide feedback.
- Architectural walking tour of Bath, World Heritage City, with Dr Cathryn Spence (Consultant at National Trust; Head of Communications & Research at The American Museum in Britain; Independent writer and researcher on 18th century English architecture and society, including Bath).
- Private viewing of Jazz Age: Fashion & Photographs at the American Museum
- A visit to the Roman Baths, a marketplace and poster networking event, a library tour and much more!
ARCLIB is an independent co-operative group which aims to promote the sharing of good practice and co-operation amongst librarians involved with architecture, planning and other related built environment disciplines.
Target audience: Architecture Librarians in the UK and ARCLIB members from overseas.
Registration: Please book your tickets in advance. Registration closes on 14 May.